First, let’s make it clear: everything in this life can be learned to a greater or smaller extent. And as for network marketing, one of its best features is that everyone can do it. It requires a strong will and total conviction that you want to learn things and improve to become the type of professional you want to be. Anyone with this determination will achieve it.
But, there are people who find it easier or whose adaptation process is shorter or less suffering. People who were born for this, so they were looking for this industry even before they knew it existed.
Some of these features will help you in your preparation and development as a networker.
You have experience in sales or you like them, or you don’t have any experience!
Many young professionals are increasingly turning to this industry after finishing school, especially because the labour market has been a global disaster in recent years. These young people also bring different ways of thinking, an entrepreneurial spirit and they are more likely to look for alternatives and discover new things.
But when you change from a salaried employee to a networker, it can sometimes be more difficult, so a complete change of mentality is necessary.
If you have sales experience and you’re good at it, it’s an important advantage, although it was in a different industry and in other conditions. Likewise, if you have experience in jobs with a social component, working with the customer, you already have a large part of the way travelled.
You learn easily and even like learning new things.
As a kid, you liked puzzles, and you don’t have problems in getting yourself into a new project, because you know that you will adapt. In the past, you tried very different jobs, because you had to earn money in some way and you decided to learn everything necessary to get it right.
That means that you have willingness for constant personal development, you adapt quickly to any changes and you won’t panic when facing problems and overcoming challenges… This type of intelligence has little to do with intellectual ratios and much more with the attitude with which we face things.
You are a social and collaborative person.
You like spending time with other people, work as a team and you are happy to do something good for others or make someone smile. But that sociability and that warmth won’t stop you from telling someone when they should change something, because you know that otherwise you’ll harm them.
And what qualities are going to harm you?
You must understand very well that I don’t mean that any of these qualities will prevent you from creating your network marketing business. What I do say is that, if you have any of them, you must work hard on your self improvement. Mainly because these traits are not good for you and for the quality of your life. But in addition, because it will be very difficult for you to progress until you get rid of them and become a better version of yourself.
Find, identify and get rid of these traits:
A too big ego. Don’t worry, in this business, we all know a leader who has had to overcome this, and he succeeded. A big ego is what prevents you from correcting your mistakes, because you think your opinion is always correct and your way of doing things is always right. Although the results tell you otherwise.
Likewise, you must prevent the ego from growing too much with your success. You have done it well, but it doesn’t make you superior to anyone, and surely, there are many more people involved in your success, so don’t forget them.
The tendency to make excuses. When something is not going well… you find an excuse. No, it’s over, from now on. There are no let-up excuses, if you know the source of a problem, then solve it. If you believe that everything in life is out of your control, then you won’t be able to move forward. Take responsibility, forget the excuses and start looking for solutions.
Sudden mood swings. I understand that not everyone has good control of their emotions. It may be because of stress or because of a medical condition. However, you must be aware that you have to learn to better control your mood and your reaction to challenges and other people. Taking care of your physical and mental health is essential, with healthy daily habits. But, in addition, you can help yourself have a good emotional balance and a positive attitude with more personal development.
Health, happiness and success are completely intertwined in our lives. By boosting some areas of your daily life, you will reinforce others as well. So, on your way to success, never forget to do it in a healthy way, in a positive way…
It is as simple as to pick up habits so as to make you healthier, happier and more productive… And in general, more successful.
- Always eat breakfast and avoid bingeing or snacking on unhealthy things. Begin the morning with energy and with a good balance.
- Eat healthier, your body and your mind will thank you. There are too many toxic things we eat that make us feel more tired, even though you think they are richer.
- Drink more water. Are you able to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day? More hydration also means more vitality and more concentration.
- Laugh whenever you can and smile at others.
- Seize the day from early in the morning and go for a walk with the first light in the street. It is a natural and healthy way to “charge the batteries”.
- Try new things; get out of your comfort zone more often.
- You are never really too busy so as not to be able to stop to eat something healthy, to pay attention to your loved ones or to talk to someone who needs your help.
- Stop comparing yourself with others. You are not like anyone else, and no one else is like you.
- Be organized and tidy. Well-organized spaces help clear your mind, and being able to find something in a few seconds helps save time.
- Sleep well: not too much, not too little. And learn to wake up naturally, without an alarm clock, after a few regular hours of sleep. It will take you much less to be active and clear every day once you get it right.
- Worry less about the things you cannot fix, and even less about the things you can fix, just fix them.
- Try to listen more and never interrupt others.
- There are times when you have to turn off the phone.
- And enjoy more small moments and daily joys.
- Treat yourself to something you like once in a while, give yourself a present at special moments.
- Think positive and speak positive.
- Don’t be cruel to others, nor judge them.
- Do something for your goal every day, and the earlier you do the most important things or the hardest, the better.
- And above all, never stop dreaming.
We have already talked about following up on other occasions, and today, I would like to focus on a typical situation: you call somebody and there is an answering machine. As you expected to talk to a person on the other side, you might hesitate, go blank or decide to hang up and call back later.
You don’t know if that person cannot pick up the phone, is ignoring it or talking to someone else.
Well, I’m going to give you some guidelines that will solve your doubts and make the follow-up process much faster and much less uncomfortable in such situations. It is about always having a plan B.
Let’s start with a typical scene: you call somebody and bump into an answering machine. Instead of hanging up, leave a message telling you will call back another time. Look at your schedule and try to make it the next day about the same time, if possible. The other person should hear the message. They can call you back or wait for the agreed time, when, hopefully, they will answer.
If they answer the call, it’s great, so take the opportunity to say that you left a message making a new appointment because you understood that the person was busy with something important. Say it confidently, because there is no proof that it’s not so, it really could have happened. That person may want to share the reason for their absence or not, the important thing is that you talk as you have agreed.
But what if they don’t answer?
Well, be patient and have good manners. That person may be ignoring you, but to be fair, they may not really be able to answer the phone. If you bump into the answering machine for the third time, in your next voice message, instead of simply proposing another time to talk, ask if everything is going well and remind that they can talk to you about matters other than the business, get some support. It’s not a matter of always thinking the worst, but of keeping the mind open and be empathic. We don’t know what is happening in the lives of others. Tell them to let you know if everything is okay.
If the person returns the call, at least it means that they don’t want to get you worried or that they understand that it’s not very professional to ignore calls without any reason. If they don’t call you ever, well, keep in touch with the other people on your list and tick that phone number red, because you will probably not call anymore.
If the person does answer the phone, but at least three times in a row, they tell you they haven’t had time to think about the proposal, that moment or that week isn’t good for them and they always say “we’ll talk next week “, most likely they won’t get past that point. Press a little or let it go.